European Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys
Recently Qualified European Patent Attorney
Med Tech / Engineering
Reporting to: Head of Professional Practice
Location: Cambridge or Oxford
To provide excellent patent attorney services to the firm’s clients, including providing exceptional IP advice, including strategic counsel. Working with more senior Avidity attorneys to actively support and develop existing clients through a range of business development efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To manage clients’ patent portfolios and provide all required support and advice either directly or remotely.
- To support, collaborate and mentor support staff.
- To directly contribute to team initiatives for exploring new business opportunities for the Med Tech and Engineering group.
- To represent Avidity IP at industry events with the intention of enhancing the profile of the business in the IP sector.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Qualified European or UK Patent Attorney
- Some UK and international, preferably European, experience
- Understanding of the UK, EU and US patent systems and environments
- Some experience of client management in an IP environment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience of oral proceedings before the EPO
- A willingness to travel within the US, EU and UK as required
- A willingness to become involved in business development opportunities
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
This role is eligible for the Team Bonus Structure.
In the first instance, please send your CV with a covering letter for the attention of Jessica O’Brien to:
For a confidential discussion of the role please contact Jessica on DDI: 0203 141 7048