European Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys
Senior European Patent Attorney
Med Tech / Engineering
Reporting to: Head of Professional Practice
Location: Cambridge or Oxford
To provide excellent patent attorney services to the firm’s clients, including providing exceptional IP advice, including strategic counsel and portfolio management. Actively supporting the head of professional practice in acquisition of new clients and ensuring existing clients have the very best in terms of advice by truly understanding their business’ needs in exploiting their intellectual property.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To manage clients’ patent portfolios and provide all required support and advice either directly or remotely.
- To support, mentor and collaborate with more junior Avidity attorneys and support staff.
- To contribute to and support the head of professional practice in exploring new business opportunities for the Med Tech and Engineering group, helping to secure opportunities in North America in particular.
- To provide direct input and support to the head of professional practice in managing and developing the Med Tech team based in Cambridge and Oxford.
- To represent Avidity IP at industry events with the intention of enhancing the profile of the business in the IP sector.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Qualified European Patent Attorney
- Qualified UK Patent Attorney
- Experienced IP professional with UK and international experience
- An understanding of the UK, EU and US patent systems and environments
- Experience of client management in an IP environment
- The ability to focus, prioritise and manage client and associate relationships
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience of European opposition and appeals practice, including representing clients at oral proceedings
- Experience in training and developing attorneys
- Experience of business relationship maintenance
- A willingness to travel within the US, EU and UK as required.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
This role is eligible for the Team Bonus Structure.
In the first instance, please send your CV with a covering letter for the attention of Jessica O’Brien to:
For a confidential discussion of the role please contact Jessica on DDI: 0203 141 7048