Pharma and nutrition
Group manager: Dr Stephen Blance
Our team has commercial and in-house IP experience at a senior level in the pharmaceutical industry, including large, small and start-up companies. More recent graduates and post-graduates bring up-to-the-minute scientific skills to the group.
The group has a reputation for succeeding in difficult legal questions where others have failed, thus providing success in cases which are often commercially very valuable.
Our clients represent both small and large pharma areas, mostly in the USA and Europe. We are well-known for having in-depth practical skills in dealing with pharmaceutical issues and we frequently deal with ground-breaking technologies and products.
Technology group areas
- New small molecule chemical entities
- Synthetic and semi-synthetic processes
- Antigen preparation and purification
- Antigenic adjuvanticity
- Anti-psychotic agents
- Anti-inflammatory agents
- Anti-alzheimers agents
- Antibodies for treatment of cancer
- Vaccine technology
- Medical implants and devices
- Drug formulation methods
- Protein drug conjugates
- Use of microfluidic devices
- X-ray crystallography
- Small molecule pharmaceutically-active ingredients
- Biocompatible synthetic materials (eg for use in structures such as stents)